Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's Time

Let's get it right - I'll incite - the type - light up a fire - get the mic - I excite - stay wired - got desire - not a liar - I'm reppin for the truth - this is proof - that at a young age - a sage can be a youth - like hippies and the Panthers - see cancer in the troops - it's time to seek answers and unfurl a world truce - my instincts is harder - now I think smarter - lines are flame starters - I'll explain - they come from my brain like a charger - it's time to end those - status quo rhymes they bug - they get retiring - I love to spark thoughts from above - plug the wires in - I stay movin' words like a cursor - it's time for - Essence and People to have a merger - I murder the ridiculous - ya heard - is ubiquitous - get a dictionary - I'm visionary - you ain't gettin' this - wordplay's slick - all day - I stay rippin' this

HOOK
It's time for - conformist thinking to hit the floor - it's time for - finding minds to open get the door - it's time for - troops to come home from their tour - it's time for - woman presidents to get four (years)

It's time to jump like Sam Dalembert - rip into this war - I roar - like a bear - my spirit - people fear it - it's rare - to find heads that question - I would dare - it's a blessing I'm'a share - rhyme lesson with a flair - my mind's so open - I be scopin' - couldn't change me if you arranged to let the pope in - it's Natural - I don't need to be smokin' - I'm sober - goin' over heads of those I be provoking - got hope - I'm not jokin' - the beat struck - I heat up and smolder - bringin' down walls fall - I'm the bulldozer - freedom creeps closer - each time I step up - and get up - my composure - to bring the dream of Martin Luther King to it's closure - I'm a ill composer - so hot - I need to sit on a coaster - not a poser - like airheads on a poster - check it out - gotta let it out - just be yourself - or else - your mental health - be in doubt - on the shelf

OUTRO
The man ain't keepin me down either

No comments:

Post a Comment