Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Take My Advice

Now we got a lotta talk about a whole lotta different issues - and I'm'a let you know which ones getting blown like some tissues - it's miscues - misused - mistrust - my disgust - the right wing's a bust as sure as night brings in the dust - check it - I'ma get like Beckett - Ben Wallace for President - Rasheed Wallace for VP - and me as secretary of what y'all need to see - I get visionary - they say times is scary - when the flag's more important than civil rights things is hairy - the 2000 Election was Gore - I wanted Nader - but too many jokers wanted to vote for Darth Vader. Yeah they stole it - but it - shouldn't have been so close - I expose it - you was stupid and got stupid 'cause you chose it - 2006 - I bust out the midst - I don't yield in the field like the Bus (Jerome Bettis) in a blitz - I don't care if you rich - talent usually don't get the chips (cash) - it's the people they knew that was already rich - I was hipped - I'm not fooled to the rules of the game - growing up for fame - seeing egos blowing up - just because you got a name - it's a shame - you gotta be your own person - they control you with money like rods to get the herds in - I'm sharp like an urchin - slick - searching for enlightenment - like Ricky Williams - I'm not out for the entitlement - if they rap like this - it's probably me ghostwriting it - heads need to take my advice so I'm reciting it

HOOK
It's a lot goin' wrong (echo) - I'm not gonna lie - but open up your eye(s) - take my advice - putting your head in the sand's not the way to live life - don't roll the dice - take my advice


I got a lot of advice - first rule in this life - it's nice to be important - but more important to be nice - and I'm nice on the mic - I like beats that be creepin - like this - so I can sneak up on those that be sleepin - to make 'em open minded and change 'em like the seasons - I was grievin' 'bout the state of the system - what's missing is common sense and vision - thoughts was trapped in my mind like a prison - I've arisen 'cause rhyming is my mission - sometimes I gotta speak - those times you need to listen - 'cause a lot of you pray - but they just be wishing - stop talking - start living - rappers today they talk is like littering - they stay embittering - impactin my raps sting like slaps when the winter's in - little kids is wildin' cause the world be bickering - change the adults 'cause the answers not ritalin - don't ever forget if you got a dog as a pet - don't let it bark - it might get poisoned - it's just real - I seen it happen - I'm not rappin - I'm lettin y'all know the deal - I love animals but - nobody want the noise - like when you at a restaurant wit your cryin' baby boys - it's like I told you in life - I stay givin' 'em advice

I got news for the country we not all white and Christian - and a lot of us is tired of the way you stay dissin' - stay wishin' us Merry Christmas - you don't get it - it's many holidays but a lot - don't respect it - I'm one to inspect it - analyze - open eyes - 'cause jokers try to pull wool down over lives - dissenting voices - the media be telling ya how to make choices - brains stained by advertising - bringing lives in - making you think that - you're worth what you're driving - I'm live in effect with the lines I inject - I object willingly - (the world) it's hostile - I got style like the Blade trilogy - and like the soundtrack to Bullworth it hurts to murk in laws with incivility - gays can't marry 'cause of your bible that's liable to tell you to stone those that oppose and rival? It's a crucifixion living lives with contradiction - addiction to listening to reverends that's rich and directin' your kids to meet priests that's molesting - yeah things is graphic but commercials got people with smiles to try and mask it - that (the) government (they) control it by putting cash in they basket - that's why they smile on the news when heads get blasted (killed) - to be positive take to heart my advice - your spirit'll be free - you'll be sharp like a knife

No comments:

Post a Comment